ADSM-L

How to remove space management from TSM Client

2002-01-23 08:52:45
Subject: How to remove space management from TSM Client
From: Kilchenmann Timo <timo.kilchenmann AT EURODIS DOT CH>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:49:17 +0100
Hello,
Can someone please give me some advice about this:

On the current NSM we are using a space managment pool.
We would like to reuse the tapes from this pool for backup purposes
and to stop using HSM.
The reason:
NSM is running out of scratch tapes for backup;
HSM is not needed any more.

We now use HSM only on one server (AIX 4.2.0) on two filesystems.
HSM does not work properly and we do not want to use it anymore.
Also these filesystems with HSM are not needed anymore BUT their backup
should be kept (in the backup storage pool).

I.e. we may completely delete these filesystems from the server disk.

We cannot recall the data from the spmg pool as there is no space on
filesystem.
Recall is also not needed as this data has been restored from backup to
another location. (But we still want to KEEP the original backup.)

Could someone please indicate the right procedure to achieve this target.

Thank you and kind regards,
Miljenka