ADSM-L

Re: TSM and capacity planning

2002-01-22 16:06:32
Subject: Re: TSM and capacity planning
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:52:15 -0600
Hehe... When using SQL BackTrack, it isn't real comforting to look at all
those filespaces (query filespace) with big goose eggs next to them.  One
way to do it would be to not view the filespaces to calculate how much is
being backed up on a node but to use a select statement:

select stgpool_name, sum(physical_mb) from occupancy where node_name
='<NODE>' group by stgpool_name

Querying the files spaces will give you a capacity based on an estimate and
it will take a while to compute the percentage
utilized anyway.

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

"MacMurray, Andrea (CC-ETS Ent Storage Svcs)"
<Andrea.MacMurray AT CONAGRAFOODS DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 01/22/2002 11:40:46
AM