ADSM-L

Re: inclexcl help for windoze box

2002-01-22 13:00:53
Subject: Re: inclexcl help for windoze box
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:52:46 -0500
Starting with the 4.2 client, it is immaterial whether you include or
exclude adsm.sys, as it gets backed up anyway as part of the system object
backup. This is in the README file that accompanies the client:

    - The System Objects will no longer be affected by INCLUDE and EXCLUDE
      statements; e.g., the user will no longer have to explicitly include
      the registry staging directory for backup, INCLUDE
C:\ADSM.SYS\...\*,
      to ensure that the registry is backed-up properly. Also, if the
      user were to accidently exclude a directory that was critical to
      a system object backup, the system object backup will not be
affected.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
01/22/2002 10:28