ADSM-L

TSM and Netware cluster servers

2002-01-22 08:46:47
Subject: TSM and Netware cluster servers
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:44:22 +0200
Hi,

Has anyone tried to backup a clustered Netware environment
with the Tsm clients?

I've got a V4.2.13 Tsm client running on Netware V5 backing
up to TSM 4.1.2 server.
When I query the filespaces from a administrative interface
it does not have any entries for the last backup start time etc.
It is as if the backup has never run before.
When checking the client schedule log and the backups table in
the TSM database it shows that the backup completed.

Has this got to do with the fact that it is a clustered Netware
environment?
I know in the days of SFT3 the Adsm code would have been SFT3
certified - I don't think it was ever really done.
On the Tivoli website I can not find any info in terms of TSM
running on Netware in a clustered environment either - is it only
the Intel based TSM client that has cluster aware capabilities?

Thanks for any info...

Regards
Christo

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to
receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action
in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Absa is neither liable for the proper, complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication, any
delay in its receipt or that the mail is virus-free."