ADSM-L

Re: Entries in database

2002-01-22 06:31:58
Subject: Re: Entries in database
From: Oscar Kolsteren <Oscar.Kolsteren AT POSTBANKMAIL DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:24:41 +0100
Thanx Dwight,

your solution was the right one, it did the job.

I can remove the diskpool now, so many thanks

Oscar

Author: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date:       21-1-02 8:15

When you have corruption with a disk entry and you want to run an audit to
clear things to allow you to remove a volume, you will really want to do...
        1) write a macro to delete all other disk volumes (other than the
hosed up one)
        2) write a macro to define back all your disk volumes
        3) using migration, clear all your disk volumes
        4) run your delete vol macro
        5) back up your data base (incr is fine, this is just to CYA)
        6) halt TSM
        7) run "dsmserv auditdb diskstorage fix=yes"
        8) start TSM
        9) now you should be able to delete your bad volume
        10) run your macro to define back all your disk volumes and all is
well ;-)

BY REMOVING ALL OTHER DISK VOLUMES YOU WILL REDUCE YOUR AUDIT TIME FROM
HOURS DOWN TO MINUTES !

Really... I've seen reductions along the line of 1.75 hours down to
minutes...
that was back in my 3.2 & 3.7 days, haven't had any problem volumes in 4.1
yet...

hope this helps...
DWight