ADSM-L

Antwort: How long does a UNLOADDB take???

2002-01-21 04:04:08
Subject: Antwort: How long does a UNLOADDB take???
From: Gerhard Wolkerstorfer <Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT T-SYSTEMS DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:02:27 +0100
From my experience =>
Yes, after some time, the Output-counter for the Entries in the Joblog stops,
but the Job will still run and continue till it ends.....
(with small IOs and small CPU Usage)

Look at the Documentation from my last Unload ==>>
(the Unload Job took 10 hours and the Reload took 16 hours and the database has
16 Gb!)
(You will remark, that the counter for Database Entries in the Unload and the
Reload Job is not the same - Tivoli says, that this discrepancies are only
cosmetical errors)
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    | ADSMP        |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    | vor Unload   | nach Reload  | nach REDUCE |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    | am           |              |             |
|                       |    | 19.10.2001   |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Bit vectors           |    |          205 |          205 |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Database Entries      |    |   98.663.435 |   98.663.388 |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Database Pages        |    |    3.040.301 |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Database Records      |    |              |    3.040.298 |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Megabytes             |    |        6.960 |        6.960 |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| CPU Zeit              |    | 22,86        | 13 Std. 32   |             |
|                       |    |              | Min          |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Laufzeit              |    | 591,9        | 15 Std. 48   |             |
|                       |    |              | Min          |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| DB - Available Space  |    |       16.324 |       16.324 |      16.324 |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| DB - Assigned         |    |       16.024 |       16.324 |      16.024 |
| Capacity              |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| DB - Maximum          |    |          300 |            0 |         300 |
| Extension             |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| DB - Maximum          |    |        3.500 |        8.252 |       7.952 |
| Reduction             |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| DB - Usable Pages     |    |    4.102.144 |    4.178.944 |   4.102.144 |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| DB - Used Pages       |    |    3.134.256 |    2.064.754 |   2.064.743 |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| DB - Pct. Util        |    | 76,4%        | 49,4%        | 50,3%       |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Laufzeit DB Backup    |    |              | 90 Minuten   |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| LOG - Available Space |    |        1.492 |        1.492 |       1.492 |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| LOG - Assigned        |    |        1.392 |        1.492 |       1.392 |
| Capacity              |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| LOG - Maximum         |    |          100 |            0 |         100 |
| Extension             |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| LOG - Maximum         |    |        1.388 |        1.484 |       1.384 |
| Reduction             |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| LOG - Usable Pages    |    |      355.840 |      381.440 |     355.840 |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| LOG - Used Pages      |    |          131 |          351 |         967 |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| LOG - Pct. Util       |    | 0,0%         | 0,1%         | 0,3%        |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Anzahl Archives       |    |      242.691 |      242.691 |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Laufzeit Select       |    |              | 0:02:02      |             |
| Archives              |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Anzahl Backups        |    |   20.961.800 |   20.961.800 |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Laufzeit Select       |    |              | 1:20:22      |             |
| Backups               |    |              |              |             |
|                       |    |              |              |             |
|-----------------------+----+--------------+--------------+-------------|
|                       |    |              |              |             |
| Laufzeit              |    |              |              |             |
| Sel.Arch+Backup+      |    |              |              |             |
| DB Sicherung          |    | 602 Min.     |              |             |

niklas.lundstrom AT FORENINGSSPARBANKEN DOT SE (Niklas Lundstrom) am 21.01.2002
09:35:59

Bitte antworten an ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU