ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?

2002-01-19 05:29:39
Subject: Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 11:21:27 +0100

Hi everybody

Seems like every time this question comes up, there is a hundred messages coming up on the list.

Everybody seems to have a different approach on wich os to use.

As I said earlier, normally the choice of os is dependent on skill and knowledge. If you're used to Windows NT/2000, the expected choice of os for TSM is NT/2000.

If you're used to UNIX, the normal choice would be UNIX as os for TSM.

But I don't agree with all people saying that Windows scales like UNIX.

As Zlatko pointed out, Intel based machines normally have one PCI bus for example. This is a bottleneck when using high level disksystems, tape systems and other performance equipment.

And, I also agree with Zlatko on the point that I wish TSM would come out for Linux. Linux is more stable than Windows, and runs on the intel platform.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>