ADSM-L

Re: versioning / expiring / multiple backups under same nodename

2002-01-18 11:34:48
Subject: Re: versioning / expiring / multiple backups under same nodename
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:32:08 -0600
Run a local backup on M1, M2, and M3 that backs up the data that is not
failed over.

Run a shared1 and shared2 backup on all systems that backups up the data on
the system it exists on.

ie: M1 /usr /var / /opt
    M2 /usr /var / /opt
     M3 ""

    shared1 /u /shareddata  run a script to determine if the disk is
available and back it up to shared1 if it is
        same on shared2

Sched all local and shared scripts under the node M1,2,3

This buys
1.      Data backs up always under the same nodename
2.      Filesystem last backup stats can be used to determine backup success
(to doubt check unreliable scheduler status)

Jeff Bach

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.