ADSM-L

Re: Need info on Tivoli v Backup Exec

2002-01-18 09:34:26
Subject: Re: Need info on Tivoli v Backup Exec
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:31:52 -0600
I've always thought of NTBackup as the push scooter.  I think Backup Exec
is more like a Vespa (with apologies to Vespa owners).  Much cheaper and
easier to operate than TSM for one user, only able to move one type of
cargo (NT data, and that in small quantities), and much more likely to
cause injuries to the cargo on a rainy day, especially in a collision with
an 18 wheeler.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                    "Seay, Paul"
                    <seay_pd@NAPTH       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    EON.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Need info on Tivoli v
Backup Exec
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    01/18/2002
                    07:31 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

This is like asking about a 18 wheeler versus a push scooter.  What are you
really interested in finding out?