ADSM-L

Re: What qualifies as an in use license?

2002-01-17 11:35:52
Subject: Re: What qualifies as an in use license?
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:32:36 -0600
I also contacted Tivoli, and got the answer (in writing) that you register
each machine, regardless of how many nodes there are registered to TSM for
the machine.  Guess it depends on who at Tivoli you ask (or, perhaps, what
country you live in).

It's surprising that no one at Tivoli has weighed in on this discussion
with an official pronouncement...

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                    Daniel Sparrman

                    <daniel.sparrman       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    @EXIST.SE>             cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Re: What qualifies as
an in use license?
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    T.EDU>

                    01/17/2002 09:52

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi Bill

When I received your mail, I contacted Tivoli. According to them, each
registred nodename on the TSM server is a managed system. There is NO
"special" situations where you can register more licenses than you have
purchased.

If it is so, how do you controll how many licenses you have to buy?

Hopefully, you don't have to many servers registred like this. And also,
according to Tivoli, the number of licenses you have to buy, is the number
that is stated using "q lic", not how many hardware systems you have.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

PS My contact is Adam Czulinski at Tivoli Sweden. He's a large account
presale.
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB