ADSM-L

Server crash, expiration and then a restore ???'s

2002-01-16 18:55:58
Subject: Server crash, expiration and then a restore ???'s
From: William Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:50:21 -0500
We had a server crash last week, 3-drives in a 16-drive RAID array at the
same time. 300GB with 100K's of files. The server remained up, and when the
RAID was rebuilt and the drives created...they were empty. Before the
restore was initiated, the nightly incremental ran. All those files on the 2
drives were expired. The management class has the VERDELETED = VEREXIST, so
we didn't lose any copies of the data. We did a point-in-time restore to get
things back to the latest, but now we have a question....

Will TSM see ALL these files as 'new/changed' files and re-back them up? Or
will he recognize that the version of the file matches the latest in-active
expired version being retained and just 'update' the files back to
'active'??

If we're talking about a new complete  backup again, special arrangements
will need to be made.

Bill Boyer
"There's no place like ~
There's no place like ~" - ???