ADSM-L

Drivers in TSM 4.2.0.0

2002-01-16 13:16:25
Subject: Drivers in TSM 4.2.0.0
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:10:56 -0300
As Daniel told ... I removed the drivers of NT control panel, but i have
the same problem ... Do anyone any idea ?
When I want to write in same tape I recive the follow message: "ANR1411W
Access mode for volume T10001 now set to read-only due to write error"

Thank's all for your answers..
Regards..

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina

                    Daniel Sparrman

                    <daniel.sparrman       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    @EXIST.SE>             cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Re: Drivers in TSM
4.2.0.0
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    T.EDU>

                    15/01/2002 12:10

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi

What kind of library are you using?

The problem is probably that NT has installed the DLT drivers that are
included with Windows NT 4.0.

To use the ADSM device driver, you have to remove the NT driver located in
Control Panel >> Tape Drives.

After that, you should manually start the ADSM device driver, and then
define the drives.

One of the problems when using the Generic Tape device, is that you doesn't
always get the right compression level on the DLT drive.

Also, you will miss some features that is included in the DLT device class.

It is not recommendable to use the generic device class. This device class
is normally used for devices that isn't directly support under Tivoli
Storage Manager
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Christian

                    Astuni               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <astuni AT AR DOT IB        cc:

                    M.COM>               Subject:     Drivers in TSM
4.2.0.0
                    Sent by:

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-01-15

                    16:34

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi all ... I have a question, because I have a server TSM 4.2.0.0 in NT 4
SP 6a and 4 drives Quantum DLT8000 and if I use the driver of TSM, doesn't
work.
But if I defined the drives as generic tape and use the driver of operating
system and the TSM work fine.

TSM 4.2.0.0 can work whit Quantum DLT8000 ? There are the drivers of TSM
4.2.0.0 for this drives ?
What is the difference is I define a generic tape and work with drivers of
operating system ? Is this recommendable ?

Thank very much for your answers ...