ADSM-L

ADSM Migration queries.

2002-01-16 09:44:16
Subject: ADSM Migration queries.
From: Jason Morgan <jmorga31 AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:55:00 +0000
We currently have the following configuration.

Site A

ADSM Server 3.1                               Server 5
ADSM Client / Informix backup via API/ONBAR             Server 10
ADSM Client / Informix backup via API/ONBAR             Server 11
ADSM Client                                   Server 6
ADSM Client                                   Server 9
3590 Drives in an ATL

Site B

As above                                 New Server 5
                                         New Server 10
                                         New Server 11
                                         New Server 6
                                         New Server 9

Single 3590 E11 with a stacker.

All the above servers are to be migrated to 5 brand new servers at an other
site.

I have created an ADSM Server from a full database backup at the new site.
This was successful. The ADSM Server is now at TSM 4. I have successfully
restored data from tapes from Site A to New Server 11.

Over the coming weeks, There will be several refreshes of data on New
Server 11.

What I was planning to do was to delete the filespace information on  New
Server 11 and export / import the data from the old server into the new
server.

What I need to know is ?

a) Do I need to re-create the database each time before I do an import
/export or can I just delete the filespace data / client and re-import ?
b) How do I import the data with a single drive ? Is it possible ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards Jason