ADSM-L

Re: What qualifies as an in use license?

2002-01-15 11:38:56
Subject: Re: What qualifies as an in use license?
From: Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT EMORYHEALTHCARE DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:36:08 -0500
It was my understanding that a "defined" client on the server would fall from
the "in-use" number after 30 days.  IE, 30 days of inactivity and the in-use
count decrements.

Tom Melton
Emory HealthCare

>>> daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE 01/15/02 10:44AM >>>
Hi

Yes, every node registred on the server counts as one client license.

Also, if you use separate nodenames for Tivoli Data Protection clients,
everyone will count as 1 Managed System LAN.

I'm not sure, but I also think that every Managed System SAN counts as one
managed systems lan also.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Dylan Ryback

                    <dryback@HOME        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    .COM>                cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     What qualifies as an in
use license?
                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-01-15

                    16:45

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

I'm in the midst of doing a cleanup job on our TSM servers.  When I do a 'q
license', one of the results is:

Number of Managed System for LAN in use: 107

My question is, what counts as 'in use'?  For example, there are a bunch of
nodes that are defined and are no longer used or associated with any
schedules.  Do these count as 'in use', and if so, should I export the node
out of the db and delete it to get the license counts down?  One other
question: anyone got a query to figure out which nodes are NOT associated
with a schedule.  This would help me identify nodes that are candidates for
export.

Many thanks,
Dylan