ADSM-L

What qualifies as an in use license?

2002-01-15 10:46:56
Subject: What qualifies as an in use license?
From: Dylan Ryback <dryback AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:45:35 -0700
I'm in the midst of doing a cleanup job on our TSM servers.  When I do a 'q
license', one of the results is:

Number of Managed System for LAN in use: 107

My question is, what counts as 'in use'?  For example, there are a bunch of
nodes that are defined and are no longer used or associated with any schedules.
 Do these count as 'in use', and if so, should I export the node out of the db
and delete it to get the license counts down?  One other question: anyone got a
query to figure out which nodes are NOT associated with a schedule.  This would
help me identify nodes that are candidates for export.

Many thanks,
Dylan