ADSM-L

Re: ACSLS Library w/TSM 4.2.1.7 and database restore

2002-01-15 10:14:15
Subject: Re: ACSLS Library w/TSM 4.2.1.7 and database restore
From: Rolf Bogus <rolf.bogus AT URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:11:11 +0100
Hello Vint,

>         I am running TSM 4.2.1.7 on Solaris 8 and an STK 9310 Powderhorn
> ACSLS Controlled tape library. While attempting to restore a database I
> receive an error that indicates this type of library is not supported for
> this operation. The library.lic file is registered.  Any ideas?

Tivoli decided not to support StorageTek's ACSLS libraries during database
restore. You have to change your deviceconfig file to change your library
to libtype=manual and delete the ACSDRVID entries in all DRIVE lines.

>         Also, I observed during testing that the 4.2.1.2 download (no
> longer available on the ftp site ) includes the device package (TIVsmSdev)
> while the 4.2.1.7 version does not.  I am planning an upgrade this week
> and am curious why Tivoli would not include the device package with the
> 4.2.1.7 release.

The 4.2.1.9 version includes the TIVsmSdev package.

Regards,
Rolf

Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Universitaetsrechenzentrum
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293      phone: +49 (6221) 54 4507
D 69120 Heidelberg           fax:   +49 (6221) 54 5581