ADSM-L

ACSLS Library w/TSM 4.2.1.7 and database restore

2002-01-14 13:40:28
Subject: ACSLS Library w/TSM 4.2.1.7 and database restore
From: Vint Maggs <vint.maggs AT SRS DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:37:31 -0500
Hello All,
        I am running TSM 4.2.1.7 on Solaris 8 and an STK 9310 Powderhorn
ACSLS Controlled tape library. While attempting to restore a database I
receive an error that indicates this type of library is not supported for
this operation. The library.lic file is registered.  Any ideas?

        Also, I observed during testing that the 4.2.1.2 download (no
longer available on the ftp site ) includes the device package (TIVsmSdev)
while the 4.2.1.7 version does not.  I am planning an upgrade this week
and am curious why Tivoli would not include the device package with the
4.2.1.7 release.

Thanks,
Vint