ADSM-L

Disaster Recovery...Has anyone really successfully done

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: Disaster Recovery...Has anyone really successfully done
From: Cinda Mullen [mailto:cmullen AT ASCENSIONHEALTH DOT ORG]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Good Morning All....

We are running TSM on OS/390 (Version 4.1.4).  We have approximately 200
NT/UNIX/NETWARE servers and are backing our daily incremental stgpools
to copypools for offsite storage.

It appears the copypools don't just keep the active versions of data,
they keep everything....we currently have 190+  Storage Tek 9840s
offsite for TSM.  If we go to the hotsite to do Disaster Recovery
Testing, how do we restore these storage pools in a reasonable amount of
time?  Has anyone successfully performed Disaster Recovery?

Our TSM database is 10GB so, I'm also guessing it will take quite a
while to get that restored???  Any ideas, thoughts?

Is anyone using Backupsets instead of copypools for DR?

Thanks!!
Cinda Mullen
Sr. Systems Programmer
Ascension Health ISD
cmullen AT ascensionhealth DOT org

NOTE: This e-mail message may contain information that may be privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure.  It is intended for use only by
the person to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message in
error, please do not forward or use this information in any way, delete it
immediately, and contact the sender as soon as possible by the reply option
or by telephone at the telephone number listed (if available).  Thank you.