ADSM-L

Write errors on tapes

2002-01-14 09:31:41
Subject: Write errors on tapes
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:26:46 -0300
Hi.... I'm again...
Sorry but I try to install a new server of ADSM and I have a lot of
problems.
I have a server with NT4 SP6a and TSM 4.2.0.0 ... in this server I have 4
DLT HP Sure Store (Quantum 8000)
I defined a devclass, drivers and library, but when I trying to use the
drive, I receive this error of the tape

Access mode for volume BKP001 now set to "read-only" due to write error

And I didn't receive any more errors.
The unique action that I can do, is labeling the tapes.
I defined my library as manual, and the option FORMAT of the devclass is
DRIVE

Thank you very much at all
Regards....

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina