ADSM-L

Re: LTO tape visible labels

2002-01-11 03:38:05
Subject: Re: LTO tape visible labels
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:29:55 +0100

Hi

With the right equipment(barcode printer, software) you could create your own labels.

We're doing this today for our customers

If I remember correctly, the 3584 uses what we in europe call Code39. The labels has to be built up as follows:

First, second and third characters are alfanumeric, the other three are numeric. Then you have to add the LTO identification, which is L1,

for LTO Ultrium level 1(100GB).

Ex. EXI001L1 which would be my companies(Exist) first label. Then you have to print the label backwards(don't know why).

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>