ADSM-L

Re: Reading 'J' tapes on 'E' drives

2002-01-10 18:33:20
Subject: Re: Reading 'J' tapes on 'E' drives
From: Mike Crawford <mcrawfrd AT TELUSPLANET DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:30:14 GMT
So far, we've upgraded one drive of three in this library.  While we do our
testing,
I've kept this drive separate by defining it to a new library.  Once we're happy
with it, we'll do the other drives, then they all will exist in the same
library.

The instructions from the server README file seem clear, there is a section
explaining how to do exactly this.

Mike

IN ORDER TO READ THE VOLUME PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN IN 3590 FORMAT
     ON 3590E DRIVE (THE STORAGE POOL THAT OWNS THE VOLUME POINTS
     TO A DEVCLASS THAT USES 3590E drive):
     - UPDATE ACCESS MODE TO THAT VOLUME TO READONLY
        update volume volumename access=readonly;
     - CHECKOUT THE VOLUME FROM THE LOGICAL 3590 LIBRARY
       (THE DEVCLASS' OLD LIBRARY THAT HAD 3590 DRIVES);
     - CHECKIN THE VOLUME TO THE LOGICAL 3590E LIBRARY
       (THE DEVCLASS' NEW LIBRARY THAT CONTAINS 3590E DRIVES).