ADSM-L

Re: Copypool reclamation

2002-01-10 14:09:43
Subject: Re: Copypool reclamation
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:05:55 -0500
I disagree on this point.  If you are doing reclamation of your primary
pool, then it should not be that bad, ie, the copy pool should look similar
to the primary pool.

Another alternative is to use the move data command of a volume to its same
copy storage pool which causes them to rebuild them from the primary pool.
We do this all the time so we do not have to have open storage in the
offsite.  We use a select to figure out what tapes are coming back and do a
move data of those volumes to create new offsites the week before it is to
come back.  This basically eliminates the need for reclamation of the
offsite pool.  Boy does it make the offsite rotation simple for the tape
operators.  Yes, it takes a little while to recreate the tapes coming back,
but I have all week to accomplish that.  This can be automated with a script
to perform the function.