ADSM-L

Re: Restoring multiple filesets from command line.

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: Re: Restoring multiple filesets from command line.
From: Robin Sharpe [mailto:Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Simon,

I was about to say no way, but I poked around a little, and there is indeed
a way to do it.  (I really didn't think there was!).  You have to use the
-filelist option on the restore comand.  For example, I did this:
wau026:/home/root> dsmc res -filelist=/home/root/reslist
wau026:/home/root> dsmc res -filelist=/home/root/reslist
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 4, Release 2, Level 1.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2001, All Rights Reserved.
Restore function invoked.
Node Name: WAU026
Session established with server TSM_WAYNE: HP-UX
  Server Version 4, Release 1, Level 4.1
  Server date/time: 01/10/02   11:02:14  Last access: 01/09/02   22:03:16
 ** Interrupted **
ANS1114I Waiting for mount of offline media.
Restoring           2,890 /apps/adsm.sh [Done]
Restoring           3,687 /home/root/autosum [Done]
Total number of objects restored:         2
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:     6.47 KB
Data transfer time:                    0.00 sec
Network data transfer rate:        58,868.96 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:          0.03 KB/sec
Elapsed processing time:           00:03:28

where /home/root/reslist is a file I created and contains this:

     /home/root/autosum
     /apps/adsm.sh

On my system, /home/root and /apps are two different unix filesystems.  As
you can see, it worked.  The bad news is, you can't put wildcards inside
the filelist... all files must be fully qualified.  And TSM restores them
in the order specified, so some tape juggling may result.

Now, if we could only find a way to get TSM to give us a list of files
sorted in the order they are stored on tape, we could implement that
"optimized node restore" command that I wished for!

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

                    "Pope, Simon R."
                    <spope@WESTERNPO
                    WER.CO.UK>       To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                     cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    01/10/02 07:08   Subject:
                    AM                      Restoring multiple filesets from
command line.
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to specify multiple filesystems for
restore using a single command line instruction.  It can be done from the
GUI very easily but we can't figure how it can be done from the command
line
(or even if it can be done!).

TSM Server 4.1.3  Clients 4.1.2  all running on AIX 4.3.3

Thanks
        Simon Pope

intended solely for  the use of the individual or  entity to whom
they  are addressed.  If  you have received  this email in  error
please notify postmaster AT westernpower.co DOT uk.

This  footnote also confirms  that this  message  has been  swept
for all known viruses by the MessageLabs  Virus Scanning Service.
For further  information  please visit http://www.messagelabs.com