ADSM-L

Reading 'J' tapes on 'E' drives

2002-01-10 13:04:54
Subject: Reading 'J' tapes on 'E' drives
From: Mike Crawford <mcrawfrd AT TELUSPLANET DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:02:23 GMT
Ok, maybe I've misread the documentation but, this is causing me some grief.

In testing the upgraded 3590E drive, I've followed the instructions for creating
a new library, devclass, drive, and storage pools.  What I'm trying to do is
move a full J tape from the old library to the newly defined library, and read
it on the E drive.

I am able to 'checkin libvol magstor3e 101008 status=private devtype=3590',
but when I try to read the tape, ADSM requests it be mounted back in the
origional
library.

What gives?  I'm at wit's end (not that far from wit's beginning, really!)

Thanks,
Mike