ADSM-L

Re: Nt clients on DMZ

2002-01-10 12:18:46
Subject: Re: Nt clients on DMZ
From: Denis L'Huillier <dlhuillier AT PERSHING DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:15:43 -0500
I had the same problem.  The recommended fix was to change the client
dsm.opt (NT) dsm.sys (UNIX) to 'polling' instead of 'prompted'
scheduling mode.  I believe it is addressed as a 'known bug' in the readme
of the client software.
I did just that and it works fine now.  The only thing is I now have 5
servers in polling mode until we
upgrade our clients to a level that works (not sure what that level is but
I'll bet it's fixed in the latest).

Regards,

Denis L. L'Huiller

                    Juan Manuel
                    Lspez                To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <jmlopez@NNE.        cc:
                    ES>                  Subject:     Nt clients on DMZ
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    01/10/2002
                    10:55 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi All !
TSM server 4.1.5.0 running on HP/UX 11.00
TSM client 4.1.2 on NT
The clients are on a special DMZ, with two firewall on the side of the TSM
server.
On the firewalls, there are open the 1500 and 1501 ports.
On the NT client network configuration, there aren4t allowed ports.
The problem is when I scheduler any backup to that4s nodes. The server is
trying
many times to contact with the clients. On the clients dsmerror.log I only
see
the messages " TCP accepted connection " , but the scheduler doesn4t not
work.
I have to delete the scheduler on the server.
The incremental backup from clients using the GUI interface works fine.
Anybody have idea about what can be happening ?
Thanks in advance !