ADSM-L

TDP for SQL dsmcutil inst Error 2

2002-01-10 10:22:01
Subject: TDP for SQL dsmcutil inst Error 2
From: Diana Noble <djk AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:19:24 -0500
Hi all -

I have a user try to implement backups for his sql server.  He can get the
backups to run manually, but runs into problems when he tries to setup a
second scheduler for it.  The output from the dsmcutil inst command
follows.  Seems to be a password problem, but we cannot figure out
why.  Password access is set to generate in the opt file.  During the
process where it says "Connecting to TSM Server via client options", it
seems to be using the wrong options file.  It wants to pull the one from
the baclient rather than tdpsql even though the clientdir and optfile
parameters were coded in the install command.  Then there is the final
message "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"
and we are not sure what this is exactly complaining about.  This is
version 2.2 of the sql TDP that we are using.  TSM is at 4.1.2.  Is it
possible something is wrong in the registry?  Any help would be
appreciated.  Here is the command and output.

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmcutil inst /name:"tsm tdpsql
scheduler" /node:itd-cnb2.ns.itd.umich.edu-sql /password:xxxx autostart:yes
/clientdir:"c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient" /optfile:"c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\tdpsql\dsm.opt" /startnow:no

TSM Windows NT Client Service Configuration Utility
Command Line Interface Version 4.00.a
Last Updated Nov 29 2000 (Non-Unicode Build)
TSM Api Verison 4.1.2

Command: Install TSM Client Service
Machine: ITD-CNB2(Local Machine)

Installing TSM Client Service:

       Machine          : ITD-CNB2
       Service Name     : tsm tdpsql scheduler
       Client Directory : C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient
       Automatic Start  : no
       Logon Account    : LocalSystem

The service was successfully installed.

Creating Registry Keys ...

Updated registry value 'ImagePath' .
Updated registry value 'EventMessageFile' .
Updated registry value 'TypesSupported' .
Updated registry value 'OptionsFile' .
Updated registry value 'EventLogging' .
Updated registry value 'ClientNodeName' .
Updated registry value 'ADSMClientKey' .
Updated registry value 'tsm tdpsql scheduler' .

Generating registry password ...
Authenticating TSM password for node ITD-CNB2.NS.ITD.UMICH.EDU-SQL ...

Connecting to TSM Server via client options file 'C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt' ...

Error 2 establishing TSM API session: The password couldn't be
authenticated with the TSM server.

Error 2 authenticating password: The password couldn't be authenticated
with the TSM server.

Starting the 'tsm tdpsql scheduler' service .....

The service was successfully started.

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.