ADSM-L

How reliable are your 3590 K media

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: How reliable are your 3590 K media
From: PETER GRIFFIN [mailto:PETER.GRIFFIN AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We have recently installed two 3494 libraries utilising 3590 K media.

I am experiencing media failures (I/O errors) for about 1 in 10 media
when initializing with label libv. Some of the media does successfully
initialize on the second or third attempt but this does not fill me with
confidence.

I have even had a situation were a tape was torn then wrapped itself
around the internals of the drive when the mechanism snagged on a very
poor splice on the tape.

My question ....... is anyone else noticing problems with K media.  Yes
or No, either way I am interested to know so I can see if there is a
correlation between the media vendor (IE IBM, Immation BASF etc).

Thanks

Peter Griffin
Sydney Water

This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the
original e-mail.