ADSM-L

Re: Script procedure to automate updating 300+ NT TSM client password s

2002-01-09 19:48:18
Subject: Re: Script procedure to automate updating 300+ NT TSM client password s
From: Kevin <kevin AT STORAGEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:45:19 -0500
My understanding is that if you expire the password you have to initiate
a client session and type in the new password so that the scheduled
session will run properly later that evening. The alternative is that
the client / server session will have a TCP/IP communications failure as
the password will not be recognized. This of course is providing you
have password access set to generate in the client options file, and
registration set to closed.

Has this changed? I believe this is true as of version 3.1 of ADSM, but
since installing and running TSM 4.2.1.7 I haven't tried it.

Kevin.