ADSM-L

incr confusion

2002-01-09 09:54:44
Subject: incr confusion
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:52:12 -0500
It looks like I need a little clarification. I've got a Netware box that
I've been running manual incrementals on lately. The client code is
4.1.3, server is 4.1.4 on MVS.

If I type in the following, incr home: I'm getting files not just from
the root of the home volume but also from folders (or subdirectories) as
well. This is fine but what happened to the requirement for the -sub=y
switch? Did I miss a change?

Also, if someone could give their interpretation of the following
command: incr home:/* -subdir=yes, I would appreciate it.  It feels like
this command is backing up much more than changed files.

Thanks,
--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman