ADSM-L

Re: library sharing without SAN

2002-01-09 07:59:33
Subject: Re: library sharing without SAN
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 05:54:27 -0800
You can connect a library on a SCSI bus between the two systems and share
the library the same way as you would in a SAN.  I've never tried it between
Solaris and Windows, but it should work fine as long as the controllers
don't interfere with each other electrically (they will typically be
different brands).

The controllers must have different SCSI target addresses - I usually use
the default of 7 on one and 6 on the other.

If you just want to get some experience with shared libraries within TSM,
the simplest method is to create a second TSM server instance on the same
system.  Then you can define a shared library between the two.  I use this
method for training classes.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.