ADSM-L

Re: Open file for TSM

2015-10-04 17:13:40
Subject: Re: Open file for TSM
From: Del Hoobler [mailto:hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Hi Andy,
>
> How about the SQL data files? There are open files when the SQL service
is
> started and the ADSM/TSM unable to backup the said files. How do you
recover
> if the SQL server crashed without installing the application and creating
> the databases?  Is this TDP for SQL Server can do the recover without
> installing the based application?

Zosimo,

TDP for SQL protects the database files and their transaction logs only.
It does not protect the SQL Server application files.
The base backup/archive client can be used to protect those files.
In the event of a disaster, where the SQL Server application is
corrupted, you can re-install SQL Server, and then restore your
databases via TDP for SQL.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave