ADSM-L

Application Event Log 4099

2002-01-07 14:47:46
Subject: Application Event Log 4099
From: "Chan, Kien" <Chan_K AT CI.WICHITA.KS DOT US>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:44:30 -0600
Hi TSMers,

Maybe some of you already knew the answer to this question. I  had noticed
that in the Application Event log on the TSM B/A Client, two errors were
generated with the source name under AdsmClientService. They came out
together. Here are the errors.

1.      Source: AdsmClientService
                Category: None
                Type: Error
                Event ID: 4099
                User: NT Authority\System

2.      Source: AdsmClientService
                Category: None
                Type: Error
                Event ID: 4099
                User: NT Authority\System

The client scheduler was managed by the client acceptor. The backup of the
client was fine. But, I'm just curious what does this error actually mean? I
looked the error up on the MS Technet site and this is what it said. And, I
couldn't figure out how this WINS could relate to AdsmClientService.

4099    WINS is being gracefully terminated by the administrator. The
       address of the administrator is %1.

Does anyone of you have a clue or idea on this? Or maybe a better
explanation?

OS on Client: NT4 (SP6a) or Win2K (SP2) - B/A version 4.2.1.18
OS on Server: NT4 (SP6a) - 4.2.0.0

Thanks a bunch.