ADSM-L

exclude syntax frustration

2002-01-04 18:47:49
Subject: exclude syntax frustration
From: "Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT WELLSFARGO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:45:14 -0600
TSM seems to ignore our exclude statements, no matter which wildcard syntax
we use. For example, we have filesystems called /db1/oracle, /db2/oracle,
etc. through /db30/oracle that we want to exclude. We've tried:
exclude /db[1-30]/oracle/.../*
and
exclude /db*/oracle/.../*
and
exclude /.../oracle/.../*
without success: in each case, the backups still try to backup the files
under these directories. The backups usually fail to pick up the files,
because the files change during the backup, which is why we want to exclude
them.
Are we misunderstanding how wildcards are supposed to work with exclude
statements? Or is this a product bug?

Peter Glass
Distributed Storage Management (DSM)
Wells Fargo Services Company