ADSM-L

Migration/storage pool backup ?'s

2015-10-04 17:13:39
Subject: Migration/storage pool backup ?'s
From: Jonathan Aberle [mailto:jaberle AT APPLE DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello,

I am experiencing some problems with migration and storage pool backups.  My
situation is that I have a small disk storage pool that is primarily used
for oracle archive logs that archive at any time during the day.  During the
hours of 6-12, we perform offsite copies of the tape and disk storage pools.
During this time, no tape drives are available for client backups so I need
to make sure that the disk storage pool is completely migrated to tape prior
to starting the offsite copies.  Here is what I do:

At 5:00 -

I perform an "upd stg archivepool hi=0" to force migrate the storage pool to
tape.

At 6:00 -

upd stg archivepool hi=100 (stop migration)
backup stg pools offsitepools (for all storage pools)
upd stg archivepool hi=75 (set pool to migrate at 75%)

What is happening, is the migration at 5:00 does not stop at 6:00, thus I
have backup storage pools and migration running at the same time.

How can I migrate the disk storage pool, make it wait until complete, then
start the backup of storage pools?

Thanks for the help,

Jonathan