ADSM-L

Re: ANR1217E (insufficient mount points) ... TSM 4.2.1.9 ???

2002-01-03 08:45:34
Subject: Re: ANR1217E (insufficient mount points) ... TSM 4.2.1.9 ???
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:54:39 -0600
I went ahead yesterday and applied the patch to my production <sigh, I don't yet
have a test environment> servers.  I didn't see any evidence of mount point wait
failures from last night, nor any drives becoming unavailable due to mount point
errors.

So, hopefully, 4.2.1.9 DID fix the problem!

thanks

lisa

Lisa Cabanas
Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator
Missouri Department of Transportation
105 West Capitol
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0270
cabanl AT mail.modot.state.mo DOT us
voice 573.526.4532
fax 573.522.9691

|--------+-------------------------------------------------->
|        |          Sheelagh Treweek                        |
|        |          <sheelagh.treweek AT computing-services DOT oxf|
|        |          ord.ac.uk>                              |
|        |                                                  |
|        |          01/03/2002 05:56 AM                     |
|        |          Please respond to Sheelagh Treweek      |
|        |                                                  |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------->
  |      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
      |
  |      cc:     Lisa Cabanas/SC/MODOT@MODOT, KauffmanT AT nibco DOT com

  |      Subject:     Re: ANR1217E (insufficient mount points) ... TSM 4.2.1.9 |
  |       ???                                                                  |

Following my tests before Christmas with TSM 4.2.1.9 server on AIX I posted a
note regarding mount point mis-behaviour.  I have now done some more testing
and I think the problem I saw related to the subtle behaviour when you have
no tape drives defined to a server : processes do not wait.  If you have at
least one drive defined, regardless of whether it is already busy, a second
process will wait for its turn on the drive.  I think this behaviour is as
it was at earlier versions (and I have come across this before but had not
remembered it).  So, sorry if I worried anyone before Christmas ...

[We still are not running this code in production but might very soon.]

Regards, Sheelagh
--
Sheelagh Treweek
Sheelagh Treweek