ADSM-L

Tivoli Storage Manager & Informix

2001-12-31 00:36:58
Subject: Tivoli Storage Manager & Informix
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:06:47 +0530
Hi,

I have RS/6000 SP 2 wide node with AIX 4.3.3 running SAP R/3 4.0B with
Informix 7.24UC3. I backup the informix database using TSM version 3.7.0
with Tivoli Data Protection for Informix (TDPI) version 3.7.0.

I am thinking of upgrading the TSM to 4.1 / 4.2 . I was also thinking of
TDPI upgradation. However it requires Informix upgrade to 7.3X which is not
possible immediately. Hence I am thinking of upgrading my TSM to 4.1 / 4.2

I have two queries :-

*       As I can not upgrade my TDPI, will my existing TDPI ( version 3.7 )
will work with TSM version 4.1 / 4.2

*       I backup Informix database using ON-Bar utility supplied by Informix
with the help of TSM 3.7.0 and TDPI version 3.7.0. Present database size is
around 240 GB and full database backup takes around 4 hrs. using a single
3590 E11 drive. I want to reduce my backup window to 2 - 2.5 hrs. Hence
thinking of having parallel backup using multiple drives i.e. when ON-Bar
command "onbar -b -w -L 0" is issued, two tapes should be picked up on two
separate 3590 E11. Is it possible to achieve this with existing TSM 3.7.0
and if yes then how to do it. If no, is it possible with TSM 4.1 / 4.2 with
TDPI 3.7

Regards,

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services (I) Pvt. Ltd.

E-mail : Sachin.Ganu AT kwa2.siemens.co DOT in