ADSM-L

Re: ATL P2000 dlt 7000 question

2001-12-27 15:22:45
Subject: Re: ATL P2000 dlt 7000 question
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:19:27 -0500
Paul,

I remember this same topic being discussed several months ago... I thought
it was impossible... how can the library move the slider on the cartridge!?
We have a P3000 and have never seen this happen.  I don't remember the
resolution from that last discussion (or if there was one)... but I'll say
again what I said then...  call ATL tech support!   They are usually pretty
helpful.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

                    "Coviello,
                    Paul"
                    <PCoviello@CM To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    C-NH.ORG>     cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                                  Subject:
                    12/24/01             ATL P2000 dlt 7000 question
                    12:40 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi we have an ATL P2000 with 4 dlt7000's 100 tape capacity.  the operations
group is seeing DLT tapes coming out of the library write protected.

Would anyone care to guess at this?  because I can't even come up with a
rational explanation nor logical one.  :-)
I have asked if it is the same tapes, ( going thru list this week)
thinking
they might have a bad switch but then what moves it!

thanks
Paul

Paul J Coviello
Sr Systems Analyst