ADSM-L

Moving Log Volumes on 3.1

2001-12-26 14:32:00
Subject: Moving Log Volumes on 3.1
From: "Ward, Stuart" <Wards AT BMCMASK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:29:20 -0500
Hi

I have recently taken over an ADSM implementation.  It is not configured the
way I believe it should be and I want to make some adjustments.  At some
point I hope to have the necessary funds to upgrade the version too as I
believe we are out of date here.

Anyhow, I have ADSM 3.1 at level 2.9 and a configuration such that I have
logs and database on same hard drive.  I have another hard drive I wish to
put in the machine and ultimately want to end up with some semblance of
correct configuration.  I wish to have a duplicate copy of DB and logs on
both hard drives.  At present there is no ADSM mirroring set up and such, if
I can move the logs I think I'm golden.

My question therefore, is how I go about moving the log volumes safely
without jeopardising the installation.  Once they are moved I will implement
a mirror of the respective DB/LOGS on the opposing disks.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Stu