ADSM-L

Re: Win 2000 devices

2001-12-21 12:11:48
Subject: Re: Win 2000 devices
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:11:02 -0500
I spent many days trying to get Windows Removable storage working with TSM, but
the command functions are not the same when using the TSM drivers.

What I needed to do is disable the Removable storage service, install the TSM
Device drivers.

You may also need to adjust your scsi id for the robot arm to something other
than 0 (zero). I had to actually put the robot arm on its own scsi (but I was
connecting to a SAN, and using a fibre Data Router) and terminate the drives
separately.

My setup is TSM 4.2.1.6 with a Compaq DLT library connected directly to a SAN
via fibre and  a Data Router.

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited