ADSM-L

Re: Backupset Restore

2001-12-19 14:58:49
Subject: Re: Backupset Restore
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:03:55 -0600
Joe, it took me 1 hour and 28 minutes to restore a 264k text file when I did
it. Have you ever seen how long it takes to list the contents of a backup
set. Remember, the file you are trying to restore from a backupset was
backed up as a complete filespace, but it is possible to extract one file if
you are using command line. I have not seen this possible in the GUI
interface. On my test I didn't use quotes or the -loc parameter. Also note,
I specified the filename (did not use an *) I was trying to restore.

Hope this helps,
Mark