ADSM-L

Re: Help with scheduling

2001-12-19 14:14:18
Subject: Re: Help with scheduling
From: Tony Sinclair <tsinclai AT REGENCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:04:39 -0800
I would like some input from the group on how I could accomplish the
following with the least amount of user intervention/maintenance.

The following is my dilemma:

There are two sets of backups on the client server. One is the system
backup and the other is the database backup (not yet implemented).

The system backup needs to exclude the Oracle database data files.  Since
this backup is done when the database is open, there is no point in backing
up these files because they're useless in a restore/recovery situation.
The attached file is a list of files that need to be excluded from the
system backup.

The database backup needs to be run on Sunday's, starting around 11:00 am.
It needs to exclude the files backed up in the system backup.  This backup
needs to be done when the database is in a shutdown state.  The file in
/oradata/jobs/bkup/scripts/tsm/backup2.cmd(which is executed via the OPTION
section on the schedule) is set up to include all the appropriate files.

Now since the TSM client uses the same DSM.SYS file how can I resolve this
dilemma?  How can I keep the DSMSCHED.LOG's seperate?  Or how would you
handle this situation?

Tony Sinclair
TSM ADMIN/STOR. Manager
tsinclair AT regence DOT com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely
for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended
to be a legally binding signature.