ADSM-L

Re: TSM win2k cluster install

2001-12-19 10:23:53
Subject: Re: TSM win2k cluster install
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:22:35 -0500
What I have done is installed TSM Client on both nodes on their local
drives. I then created 2 dsm.opt files (one called dsm.opt and the other
dsmlocal.opt). The dsm.opt file contained clusternode=yes, which you
will only see the shared drives. The dsmlocal.opt does not have the
clustermode option in it.

In Cluster admin I created a separate group called TSM Backups and put
in there the TSM Scheduler, Client, and Journal services (make sure you
have these services set to manual start - Cluster admin will control the
start/stop of these services). This will allow Windows to start/stop the
services for TSM depending on what node is active.

I then created a 2nd schedule on each node (2nd service) using the
DSMLOCAL.OPT file. I called this "TSM Backup for local node" (service
name). This service will also be installed on each node in the cluster
and will be set to automatically and will NOT be in the cluster admin
group of TSM. This will backup the local drives and the System.objects
of each node.

If you need more detail let me know and I will send screen shots and
more info to your email.

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited