ADSM-L

Re: Drive Mapping for W2K over SAN to LTO with Sun TSM server

2001-12-17 13:55:19
Subject: Re: Drive Mapping for W2K over SAN to LTO with Sun TSM server
From: Bern Ruelas <bern AT CADENCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:52:41 -0800
Paul,

Thanks for the tip. We figured it out and here's how:

Note that I'm including explicit details because we never found these in
any Redbook
or manual...and much of this came from our experience with IBMtape's
tapeutil program
running on Sun.

List the drives:
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\Storageagent\tsmdlst

Then map the drives:

0.) Load a tape into every drive in your jukebox.
1.) On your NT client go to and envoke:
        C:\Program Files\IBM Corporation\IBM Ultrium device
drivers\5.0.2.4\ntutil
and within this program:
2.) #1 set special device name
3.) Tape0 (Or the name of your device)