ADSM-L

Re: listener not listening

2001-12-16 20:27:04
Subject: Re: listener not listening
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:24:28 +1300
I actually had MAXSESSIONS set to 200. When the threshold is reached the
listener replys to the client and throws an error to the log.

My problem was the listener had the port open but not responding to new
sessions. (I only had a few connected sessions at the time).
No acknowledgement, no errors and a bunch of hopeful connections in
perpetual wait..

The problem stopped itself about 2 days later.
There is a possibility that the network was playing up. As there isn't
a TCPerror trace, I couldn't prove this theory.
The only other anomaly was the appearance of phantom sessions sometimes
(sessions without nodenames)

I'm in the middle of upgrading anything that looks like its patchable
to bring the system current.

Cheers, Suad