ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1.15 Backup Failures on Win2k

2001-12-14 10:30:36
Subject: TSM 4.2.1.15 Backup Failures on Win2k
From: "Lilly, David" <David.Lilly AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:24:25 -0500
I am using TSM 4.2.1.15 to backup a Win2k member server.  TSM is reporting
backup failures on the following four files:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntuser.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntuser.dat.LOG
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG

TSM reports "The file is being used by another process" for each.  I
confirmed that TSM did not backup the files under File Level.

Are these files handled by the System Object backup?  I cannot drill down
into the System Object to confirm this.  Although, a search of the drive did
locate the *.dat files in C:\ADSM.SYS\..., but not the *.LOG's.  If so, can
I Exclude the files and still be able to perform a fully successful bare
metal restore?

Thanks!

David Lilly
DynCorp