ADSM-L

Re: TDP Oracle 2.2 with SAP R/3 on HP-UX

2001-12-14 10:22:21
Subject: Re: TDP Oracle 2.2 with SAP R/3 on HP-UX
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:18:56 -0500
Thanks Thiha,

I had stepped away from it for a while, and our Basis administrator got it
working... I'm not exactly sure what he did, but I just looked at the
$ORACLE_HOME/lib directory and there is no libobk.sl there.
/usr/lib/libobk is indeed linked to
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/libobk.sl...  I guess that was the trick,
but i really don't remember it being setup that way the other times I
installed it.   Oh well.

Robin

                    Thiha Than
                    <thiha AT US DOT IBM
                    .COM>         To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                  cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    12/11/01      Subject:
                    04:14 PM             TDP Oracle 2.2 with SAP R/3 on HP-UX
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I've never tried with R3 and TDPO but we have machines with two different
Oracle level using one libobk.  For Oracle 8.0.6 you will have to
relink(make) and on 8.1.x just creating a soft link from
$ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.sl to /usr/lib/libobk.sl is enough.  The
instructions in the manual is correct.  Please make sure to add -lC when
you run 'make' command to relink for 8.0.x.  You mentioned that your
linking was correct and RMAN was looking for /usr/lib/libobk.sl.  What is
/usr/lib/libobk.sl pointing to?  It is supposed to be a soft link to
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/libobk.sl.  Can you give me the exact
error that RMAN is reporting?

regards,
Thiha