ADSM-L

Re: Can backupsets written to file be dumped to tape

2001-12-14 10:17:03
Subject: Re: Can backupsets written to file be dumped to tape
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:06:32 -0500
John, I do something close to this with exports.  I run exports to
a special sms defined pool of volumes; HSM migrates this pool every hour.
I can run any number of exports to devt=file without running out
of space.  Imports work fine once I recall the files.

I rename each file so that a del volhist doesn't delete the files; the files
don't need to have their original tsm assigned names to be imported and I expect
the same is true for backupsets.

This method implements what so many people have asked for lately, which is
multiple exports or backupsets to one tape.

Hope this helps,

--