ADSM-L

AiX4.3.3 IOT Abort Trap/Core Dump

2001-12-13 09:43:45
Subject: AiX4.3.3 IOT Abort Trap/Core Dump
From: Paul A Hughes <phughes8 AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:40:58 +0000
When I run the dsm & command on AiX 4.3.3 (this brings up the
backup/restore/archive GUI), on searching through the backup file sets,
when it finds the required file the GUI disappears.
The server core dumps and the message IOT Abort Trap appears. This happens
on only one of our servers. I suspect that there are some missing bos file
sets. Has anyone had any experience of this or know the answer to this?

Regards

Paul A Hughes

UNIX Systems Administrator

Computer Sciences Corporation