ADSM-L

Re: can't see drive E in tsm client.

2001-12-12 20:01:52
Subject: Re: can't see drive E in tsm client.
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:10:11 -0600
Nothing special required for drives mounted on ESS LUNs.  Does the E: drive
shows up in explorer?  Do you have a domain statement that specifically
only includes some drives?

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                    Ofer
                    <ofer AT TRIP DOT CCC       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    .CO.IL>              cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     can't see drive E in tsm
client.
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    12/12/2001
                    12:46 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi All,

I have connected a Windows20000 file server to an ESS box throw fiber
cable.
I have a new drive in the file server e:\.
I would like to backup the drive with the TSM client. but there is no
drive E:\ in the backup\restore client.
do I need additional software for that file server to be able to backup
a drive  that is an ESS drive ?.
as far as the TSM client it's another drive on that file server. no?

I have a TSM server ver 4.1.4 and a TSM client cer 4.1.

Thanks.
Ofer Ccc.