ADSM-L

Re: Help! I need more space

2001-12-12 14:03:22
Subject: Re: Help! I need more space
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:55:14 +0100
It seems that this discussion has gone over hand.

What Miles needed was some good ideas on how to solve his problems with a
library that is full.

If somebody has any other bright ideas, please post 'em so that he will get
help, instead of discussions on how to handle
db backups.

What people is discussing is how to handle their db backups. Everybody here
has different prerequisites, and different reasons why they
handle their backups as they do. I'd guess all routines is probably good
for the right reasons.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    David Longo

                    <David.Longo@HEALTH-        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    FIRST.ORG>                  cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist        Subject:     Re: Help! I need
more space
                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    2001-12-12 19:13

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Disk is o.k. for quick restore in house, but what if your facility got
wiped
out?  You also need to have DB copies offsite for true DR situations.

David Longo

>>> throuda AT HTD DOT CZ 12/12/01 12:20PM >>>
Hi,

I think there is good idea to keep DBbackups on disks (sequential file
device class), when much disk space is available, and copy them to other
machines in case of TSM server disaster. This will save some space in
library for data and lower tape operations. I am using this way for example
in little backup solutions with one drive connected to TSM server to
minimize tape operations.

Tom